Sunday, June 8, 2008
Old Friends
Tonight we had friends over for dinner that we haven't seen in like a decade! Gela was my absolute best friend- my BFF! It was amazing to see her and meet her husband and her one year old son. It is so awesome to see her as a mother and wife. To me it felt like we picked up right where we left off. I hope it was the same for her and I hope we can continue to get together often. Isn't it funny how some friends are just for a period of time or for a particular reason, but then there are those few friends in your life that are just like family. And it doesn't matter if you see or talk to them once a day, month, year; they will always be like family. You don't have to put on makeup or straighten up the house or worry if you have something in your teeth. These relationships are especially sweet for me, I guess since I am an only child. I am so thankful for the gift of friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I know just what you mean. I had a really hard time with people coming over while I am on bed rest... I and my house look a mess. But, I got over it very quickly, because I needed the help so much! It is great to have friends like this.
Post a Comment