Thursday, June 19, 2008

Brown Eyed Girl




Ok, So I have hazel eyes. But how often do you get to dance at the beach with your husband to live music? Last night Jason & I got to have a real live, honest to goodness date- at the beach! We didn't know what to do with ourselves so we just drove down the front beach road to Orange Beach & back to Gulf Shores first. We ended up at The Hangout, a really fun restaurant that is open air and has a stage for live music and bars & seating outside. We had the best time! There was a band called the Wes Loper Band playing and as the night wore on, our inhibitions were lowered and we eventually danced to Brown Eyed Girl. What a special memory for me!

We have been having the best vacation. Thankfully no one has been sick, especially Abby. Day before yesterday Jason took Patrick deep sea fishing for the first time. (We made this his Father's Day present.) They caught red snapper and the trip was a success. Patrick didn't get sea sick which was one of my main concerns. Jason grilled some of the snapper for dinner last night. It was good; perfectly prepared. Patrick said it was his new favorite meal.

Yesterday Jason cooked us a huge breakfast and then we spent all day on the beach. The kids are really occupied just playing in the sand. Emma Anne suggested we get a really big sandbox for the backyard!

The weather is supposed to be great again today, so I picture a repeat of yesterday. Gotta go get my coffee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's these kind of get-aways and the wonderful experiences that make us want to escape the everyday life permanently! If only we could all live at the beach (or in my case I'd opt for the mountains) 24-7-365!! I'm so glad your family is experiencing such a joyous time together!!