I just thought her little shoes were precious peeking out from her blanket
So I have Abby's caringbridge site where I keep everyone up to date on Abby's chemo. But I thought I would share a few pictures & a snippet of my experience in Clinic 8 this week. I can't say enough good things about all of the doctors, nurses & support staff in Clinic 8 at Children's. They are amazing women & I love them. They are amazing people to do what they do willingly everyday...
Most of the time when we are there it becomes naptime, somewhere in between waiting to get labs drawn & waiting to hear results. Or waiting to see Dr. Haines. Or waiting to get treatment. Anyway, there are plenty of "wait" times when we are doing nothing & a nap starts to sound like a great idea. So without fail Abby will fall asleep, usually minutes before someone comes in to mess with her. Not that I am complaining, that's just the way it is... Anyway, yesterday and at clinic when we went 3 weeks ago, she fell asleep waiting to get treatment (this is the last thing we have to do before we get to come home & actually only takes a minute or 2 once the nurse gets the drugs). So both times, yesterday & 3 weeks ago, we got Nurse Jill. Nurse Jill was able to give Abby her treatment through her port & remove the tape around the port & remove her "noodle" out of her port without Abby ever waking up! This seems like an impossible feat. I think Nurse Jill is really the Baby Whisperer in disguise! By the way, the "noodle" is what the nurses call the iv line attached to the needle that goes into her port that the chemo goes in. They also call the blood that they draw "koolaid." Bless their hearts. They are such professionals & angels. I tear up just thinking about them & the difference they have made in this situation.


1 comment:
How amazing that they were able to do that without her waking up at all! She looks so cozy with her blankie and binkie...
I hope her fever is gone.
Post a Comment