Monday, August 25, 2008

Our first day of school

When P first saw our school space, he said, "Whoa! Cool!"

Abby wanted to get in on the fun for a few minutes.


I discovered Play Doh will keep Sarah occupied quietly a long time!

Sweet relief! As I am writing this, Patrick is finishing up his last bit of work for the day. It has been a wonderful day- far exceeding my expectations. Thanks to all of you who prayed for this day. I really couldn't have asked for more. I guess I had examined all the possibilities so much in my mind that I was ready for almost anything. I knew it was a possibility that Abby would be fussy or Sarah would be bored or cranky (and both happened a few times!) but all in all it was amazing. Most of this is due to Patrick's thirst for knowledge , his determination, and his beautiful, sweet spirit. I am also incredibly thankful that Patrick can read so well already as this makes my job that much easier.

Aaahh. What an incredible start to our first year. But what will happen tomorrow??? One thing I have learned for sure is that life really is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. But hey, it's all sweet. Even those weird ones that have the orange cream in them. So I am thankful that I get chocolates & not lima beans. Am I making sense here? I hope you get my drift. Because every day is an incredible gift God is giving us.

3 comments:

Melanie Evans said...

Hi Amy! I'm adding your blog to my favorites too. :) I'm so glad you guys had a good first day of school. It often feels like a juggling act around here trying to keep little ones occupied. I am praying for sweet little Abby and the rest of your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I'm so glad Patrick's first day went well.

MorningSong said...

YAY!!!!!!! I love your idea of creating a celebration. you really did a great job of making it fun. I am sure you will have a few days that make you wonder but.. the wins are far exceeding the bad!

Blessings!