Sunday, August 24, 2008

Homeschool Eve


Tomorrow is our first day of Homeschooling. I am excited & a little nervous about getting into a good routine. Let me get this out- I am not delusional. I don't think I have unrealistic expectations about this new season in our lives. I don't picture myself suddenly sewing all our clothes & baking homemade bread & growing all our vegetables while the children sit peacefully reading at their desks & Abby is napping... I realize that I will struggle with patience & that all of my everyday stress will still be here... All I know is that this is what God wants for us & I am going to try my best to be successful. Please pray for me as I start this journey. All I really desire is for this upcoming year to be a fun one for Patrick so he will continue to love learning the way he already does, and for him to grow in his relationship with the Lord & his understanding of all things Godly.
Here are a few more pictures of our dining room that has been magically transformed tonight into our classroom. It will be a total suprise to the kids- I think they will be most excited about the balloons. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36699&l=df51e&id=605729855

3 comments:

Janet said...

What an exciting day! I can't wait to read about it!
Janet

Mis said...

it's a great room. hope you guys had a great first day. i love the little letters you wrote to them..that's so cute!

Kristy said...

I love the post title! What a beautiful moment that most of us rush through.