
We just got back from a camping trip at Oak Mountain. Luckily our best friends have a camper & let us borrow it. What a blessing! I can't imagine going there with our young children without the luxury of air conditioning & a kitchen!
We packed a lot of activity into our 3 night stay. We went hiking, swimming, went to the barn, the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, fishing, played on the playground, played in the sand at the beach, and of course made smores & roasted marshmallows. We saw lots of tiny little frogs, a heron, and there were some tame little squirrels at the campsite.
I will add that there was excitement on the trip: when we were visiting the animals at the barn, one of the goats got a wild hair and head-butted Sarah! I couldn't believe it! Sarah was shocked and terrified, to say the least! She was physically fine, but I wonder if this is how phobias are born!
Here is a link to many more great pictures I got on the trip:
2 comments:
How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Ethan loves the Oak Mountain Farm (especially the "Big Peacock"), but he is scared of the goats. He won't let us put him down if the goats are around. They are a lot more tame and aggressive than we expected!
looks like you guys had so much fun! how did you stand the heat??
we want to buy a tent and take the boys out there in the fall!! see you monday night!
Post a Comment