Patrick with new friends from his Pack
Jason & Patrick right before they left for the campoutPatrick had his first Cub Scout campout at Oak Mountain last night. Jason was able to take off so he could take Patrick. They had a great time. I am glad to report that Jason invited me out to see them & have dinner and it worked out so that the in-laws showed up to hang out with the girls just in time for me to go see the boys! It was such a blessing for me to get to go & see Patrick making new friends and having such a great experience. I was also glad to see I wasn't the only mom out there. Apparently when the boys are still Cub Scouts the moms are very involved with the pack since the boys are still young & need the extra nurturing & patience that us moms are so good at providing. I ate dinner at camp & stayed for the campfire. Several of the dens performed skits at the campfire, which Patrick really enjoyed. He really wants his den to work on a skit to perform at the next campout. After I left Jason & Patrick roasted marshmallows before bedtime. This morning they were supposed to go to the fishing rodeo, but Patrick's den leader & some of the other boys wanted to go for a hike instead, so that is what they ended up doing. I am so proud of Jason. It was fun to see him out there in his natural element, playing with the boys & teaching Patrick about camping. I am glad that he is able to take the time off & make sure that scouting is just all fun for Patrick so he will be inspired to stay in it for life, just like Jason!

No comments:
Post a Comment