I wouldn't have believed you if you told me yesterday that I would adopt a dog today. But, God blessed us with an angel who walks on all fours. After a strange turn of events that is too long to write about, we ended up at the Greater Birmingham Humane Society with the children and picked out Sadie to come live with us. She is two or three years old and half lab/half blue heeler. The blue heeler is why she appears to be grey- she really isn't that old! Her pictures that I have taken don't do her justice at all; she is beautiful and striking to meet in person. She is so patient and gentle with the children. She is housebroken- knock on wood! I am just completely in love with her already. So are Patrick and Sarah. Sarah loves brushing her hair and laying on her. Patrick has enjoyed throwing her toys for her to fetch- and the awesome part is she actually knows how to bring it back and sit it at your feet! Unfortunately Abby approaches her with the same fear that she holds for all other dogs. She is interested in her, but when Sadie gets too close, Abby screams bloody murder. Sadie, I am sure, wonders what in the world is wrong with her!Sadie was the perfect dog choice for us- I knew we did not need a puppy or a male or a dominant personality. I am so looking forward to growing our relationship with her and all the fun times we will have together. They told us that she is overweight so she is going to start running with Jason. You know it will be too hard for me to hold back on the treats! Whenever y'all are looking for a new pet, please look at a shelter. They have amazing pets who have so much love to give. And it is so economical too: they charge only $75 for dogs over 6 months and that includes all their vaccinations, spaying or neutering, and now they do the microchip locator & include a year service for that. After spending one afternoon with Sadie in our family, she is worth so much more than that $75; she is already priceless.
1 comment:
Oh Amy that is so awesome! She is so pretty and sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you mentioned that about the shelter too.
Post a Comment